What makes a washing machine last longer?
Here are some tips to help make a washing machine last longer:
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions: Be sure to read the manual that comes with your washing machine and follow the instructions on how to use and maintain it properly.
- Use the right amount of detergent: Using too much detergent can cause excess build-up in your washing machine, which can lead to problems down the line. On the other hand, not using enough detergent can cause your clothes to come out dirty and may require you to rewash them.
- Use the right cycle for the load: Using the right cycle for the type of load you are washing can help prevent damage to your washing machine. For example, using a gentle cycle for delicate items can prevent them from getting damaged.
- Don’t overload the machine: Overloading your washing machine can put stress on the motor and other components, which can cause them to wear out more quickly.
- Clean the machine regularly: Be sure to clean your washing machine regularly to remove any buildup of detergent or fabric softener that can cause odors or damage to the machine. You can run an empty cycle with hot water and vinegar to clean the machine.
- Check and clean the lint filter: Many washing machines have a lint filter that needs to be cleaned regularly. Check your manual for instructions on how to do this.
- Have the machine serviced regularly: Having your washing machine serviced by a professional can help detect and prevent any problems before they become more serious. It is recommended to have it serviced every 1-2 years.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your washing machine lasts longer and performs well for years to come.